Damn this is so cool! What's the road to be able to program a game like this? Which programming languages have you mastered?
Realms Of Quest IV (VIC20) [FREE]
A downloadable game
The adventure continues in Realms of Quest IV where you assemble a group of heroes to do battle against the mysterious Time Lords inside the Dungeon. Thus befalls you, brave adventurer, to accept the challenge and venture forth into the labyrinth below to ensure that evil and chaos do not rise. If you can survive the perils that await beneath, there lay riches, glory and the immortality of your name.
Realms of Quest IV Features:
• 10 Dungeon Levels which have been designed by hand with numerous rooms, secret passages, riddles and traps to traverse and overcome.
• 10 races and 12 classes to choose from to create 8 players for your party.
• You will meet other heroes to help and guide you during your quest.
• Over 100 unique graphical portraits that depict the various monsters that you'll encounter as you travel throughout the Dungeon.
• Over 135 types of equipment to represent weapons, armor, gems, jewelry, potions, scrolls and miscellaneous magical items.
• 60 magic spells that you can cast.
• 3 game fonts to choose from.
• A 16 page instruction manual is also included.
All of this for your Commodore VIC-20, a disk drive and 16K of expansion memory. 24K is recommended as it features reduced disk loading times, an improved 3D graphical perspective and game music.
C64 Bonus:- Includes previously unreleased ULTIMATE QUEST: CATACOMB for the Commodore 64!
The C64 gets in on the action with ULTIMATE QUEST!
Side two features the Special Anniversary Editions of Realms of Quest I & II for the Unexpanded VIC-20. Also featured is the long-awaited Ultimate Quest: Catacomb for the Commodore 64 - originally created in 1989, now finally completed.
** SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS **
Realms Of Quest IV is a game for the Commodore VIC20. You can play the game in an emulator (we recommend VICE) or you can port the game onto real VIC20 hardware if you have the resources to do so.
Realms of Quest IV requires a 16K memory expansion. (24K is recommended as it features reduced disk loading times, an improved 3D graphical perspective and game music).
The download also features the bonus title Ultimate Quest: Catacomb - a game designed to run on a standard Commodore 64.
The download file features the .d64 (disk version) of the game + game instructions.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
the game is broken or unplayable for 2 major issues.
1. my characters of slot 7 and 8 will be corrupt when entering dungeon.
2. when returning to castle from dungeon, my all progress will be lost.
version of my WinVice is 3.1
Hello, I am the author of this game program. I can quite assure you that this game was playtested three times to completion. What you describe sounds like an emulator issue.
Contact me privately at @hitfan2000 and I'll get you set up with an older version of Winvice (2.2) which should be far more stable. I'll set it so that true drive emulation is turned off and the game will actually run much faster.
whoa.. its free ?
i have tried to purchase this game from Psytronik site, but it's online shop has been temporally closed for long time.
seems i made a luck. :)